1x pearl gourami
2x angel fish
10x Columbian tetras
6x empire tetras
6x zebra danios
6x Cory cats
3x nerite snails

List edited and updated I'm open to ideas and changes

Think I'm getting very very close to be full keep in mind I run 2x fluval 306 on my 4ft tanks and power head so water filtration and turn over isn't a issue

I did have plans for 2 x khuli loaches and 6 x Cory's for bottom clean up crew but with more research on the red tail has me questioning it

since the red tail shark is bit of a bottom dweller and semi aggressive could this be a problem for the khuli loaches a d or corys plenty hide spots through plants rocks and drift Wood

Throw me some suggestions or different list for stocking I'm open to ideas

Thanks all in advance

Last edited:

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That should all be fine because redtails are usually only aggressive towards eachother

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Oh OK read already dozen care sheets most are conflicting always best to ask her with real life experience is there anything you would do to change the list line I would like a active yet kinda colourful fish stand out with the black background and black iron sand being in Australia seems to be some limits esp on the goldcoast aus all lfs are closing down and the chains are taking over sad

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well I’ve never seen or had cory’s and loaches with my redtail so I can’t help there but as far as more color there are lots of things you could do. Really anything in the warm color section will stand out a lot

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Yeah that’s fine, I can’t give a very detailed list at the moment though because I’m at school

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Done bit more research seems the barbs and angel isn't a good mix as the barbs are fin nippers back to the drawing board geez it's hard to have a variety of fish that get along time for xanax Dosing lol j/k

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That’s mostly true but it also depends on the type of barb and the school size, I have three gold barbs with my angels and they keep eachother entertained enough to not cause problems

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So they can Co-exist. Was looking at the tiger barbs 6 of with 2 Angels and pearl gourami there my main concern secondary concern red tail shark harassing smaller fish to exhaustion seems overwhelming I've only stuck to tetra sub species where my knowledge and comfort is I want different this tankaybe I'm just over thinking it been to over cautious

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks mate do smallest fish you have is the barbs no issues with the red tail and the Common pleco

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good now mate I didn't you can read and read get a different story everytime more easing speaking with those who have keep this species thanks again

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Really appreciated on a side note don't trust auto-correct and pre read got me good last post haha

Finally come up with a list I think is going to work the tank is 4ft 260lt med planted driftwood rocks plenty hiding spots filtration 2x fluval 306s and power head also

1x red tip shark
1x pearl gourami
2x angel fish
6x Columbian tetras
6x empire tetras
6x zebra danios
6x raboras
6x Cory cats
3x nerite snails

I know it's quiet full and at the Max what do you guys think of this line up for compatability

Last edited by a moderator:

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looks good, I think I was actually considering suggesting columbian tetras earlier too

83jase

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Would 6x tiger barbs be pushing my luck it's looking well stocked top to bottom

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think if you want to do the tiger barbs it’d be better if you substituted them for something else

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom