Red Tail Shark Losing Colour

Mrswesty1628

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
After some help please. I have a Red Tail Shark which over the last couple of days has gone agrey colour and his fins look more orange than Red. Have tested the water and everything is within acceptable parameters. He gets fed on flakes, wafers or frozen food and also shares veg like courgette with my plec. I do a 30% water change on a weekly basis. Does this mean there is something wrong ?

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
After some help please. I have a Red Tail Shark which over the last couple of days has gone agrey colour and his fins look more orange than Red. Have tested the water and everything is within acceptable parameters. He gets fed on flakes, wafers or frozen food and also shares veg like courgette with my plec. I do a 30% water change on a weekly basis. Does this mean there is something wrong ?
What size tank?
What is in the Tank?
Parameters?
Do your Pleco and RTS ever fight?
A picture would help.
Welcome!

OP
Mrswesty1628

Mrswesty1628

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi. Tank is 60 litres,.
I have a bristlenose plec, Red Tail Shark, 3 Balloon Mollies, 6 Neon Tetra and a Gourami.

I have never seen them fight, they seem to share the tank really well.

Parameters

NO2 0
No3 25
Gh 8
Kh 6
Ph 6. 8

Pictures of tank and shark attached. New to keeping an aquariam so just worried have done something wronh
IMG_20190729_205850.jpg

Attachments

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi. Tank is 60 litres,.
I have a bristlenose plec, Red Tail Shark, 3 Balloon Mollies, 6 Neon Tetra and a Gourami.

I have never seen them fight, they seem to share the tank really well.

Parameters

NO2 0
No3 25
Gh 8
Kh 6
Ph 6. 8

Pictures of tank and shark attached. New to keeping an aquariam so just worried have done something wronhView attachment 576429
Seems good but 15 gallons is way too small for them, I think they need at least 55 Gallons. Overstocking can cause stress as the Dwarf Gourami can be a bully.

OP
Mrswesty1628

Mrswesty1628

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Seems good but 15 gallons is way too small for them, I think they need at least 55 Gallons. Overstocking can cause stress as the Dwarf Gourami can be a bully.
I got told that this would be okay for the size tank so have been really careful not to get anymore fish as thought it was now fully stocked so am shocked that you think its way too smal The Gourami can be a bully yes, and it seems to growing bigger on a daily basis.

Will they be okay in this size tank?

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I got told that this would be okay for the size tank so have been really careful not to get anymore fish as thought it was now fully stocked so am shocked that you think its way too smal The Gourami can be a bully yes, and it seems to growing bigger on a daily basis.

Will they be okay in this size tank?
It is your tank but they are very active swimmers and grow up to 6 inches. They will get very aggressive in that size tank. That is why the minimum is 55 gallons.

Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom