red tail shark coloring, male/female/or sick?

metal_man666

Reaction score
i got a red tail black shark and i love it its hella cool, but im not sure wheater its sick or guy or girl or just young. its barley 2inches and its my only fish. it tends to be quite robust in exploring my tank. its a greenish color with a light pink tail with bright orange tips. it has a red spot under its head sortof on the neck or towords the belly, which is grayish white. so im not sure about wheather its that colored because its young, or the gender, or if its sick but its been bothering me for awhile. it has adaquate size tank for its size and it has a rock which it lays on alot and it tends to hide in my plant. he doesnt eat the omega 1 flakes or the brine shrimp flakes that ive noticed but it does look like its eating the algea but i cant tell. i leave my fish alone generally, but i some times do my homework next to the tank cause its on my desk. it doesnt make it act very frantic or look like its stressed in any way but im not certain. im thinking about upgrading from about a 10gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank because i already have the tank, but i dont have the filter yet or enough plants or rocks for it. i might also add a tiger barb because ive heard about them chasing each other, would that cause it stress or make it happy? ??? ??? ??? it i were to get another fish what would be best for my rtbs

p.s. i need sumthing smallish because of tank size

xxthrwitdwnxx

Reaction score
I have a red tail shark that acted the same to but after awhile he will be better and for the tiger barbs remember min 5 or more because they are fin nippers

metal_man666

Reaction score
ok its been a few days, i discovered it is female... it started to get color... but then it began to fade again and now it is looking fatter. when i bought it it was in a tank with a large amount of males. could it be pregnate? im not sure what the signs of pregnacy are but it has been getting fatter and ive never really seen it eat that much, it just skims around the bottom. i added 2 caves and it just swims inside 1 then the other and its been acting generally odd. got ne ideas?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom