Red Tail Shark and My fish work out?

AlyeskaGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
No, they are aggressive, territorial and will chase fish that are much smaller then they are. The only fish that I am keeping with my RTS that you have on your list are Angelfish.

Goldfish require cooler temps, I've checked and the temp ranges from 73-80 for the RTS but I wouldn't keep my shark in that cooler water, seems it would be unhealthy for it. Probly wouldn't show it's best color. JMO

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I agree only fish on your list would be the angels.
btw the shark needs at least a 55 gal tank, if you didn't know.

kelsangdol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yep I have a 55 gallon tank...I'll give up on them
Don't want to lose my little guppies

clintgv

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Could a red tail shark go well with:
Neon tetras
guppies
mollies
platies
Rams
Angelfish

or in different tank:
Goldfish?
I Have A Red Tail Shark In My 58Gal Tank With Driftwoods. I Have Pictus Catfish, Black Ghost Knifefish, Pleco and Neon Tetras. The RTS Don't Bother Them. Btw My Dad Just Came Home One Day And Put The Neon Tetras In My Tank...

NMfishman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I Have A Red Tail Shark In My 58Gal Tank With Driftwoods. I Have Pictus Catfish, Black Ghost Knifefish, Pleco and Neon Tetras. The RTS Don't Bother Them. Btw My Dad Just Came Home One Day And Put The Neon Tetras In My Tank...
your shark might not be fully matured and grown, as they get older they become more aggressive and territorial. It might work for a while but then one day you might look in and find some neons missing. Also what works for one person might not work for another, depending on the individual fish and many other small factors that will be different from tank to tank.
Good luck to both of you!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom