Red Streaks On Goldfish Fins

BettaBubble

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello! I have a fancy goldfish who has red streaks in his tail fin. Would a simple water change help? None of the other fish have it. Is it serious?
Tank info:
I have 3 fancy goldfish in a 55 gallon aquarium
Last water change was last week.
Sorry I don't have the water perameters, I ran out of the tests. I am going to the store asap.
Thank you!

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
How new is he?

Sometimes, red streaks are just natural coloration. If it's more of a veiny appearance, I'd suspect stress. Goldfish can get some red vains showing in their fins after shipping or stress, so I'd suspect that if he's new.

BettaBubble

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes the tank is cycled, Ive had it for about 1 year. He is 6-7 years old and ive had him basically since he was a baby. Unfortunately my other fish ate most of his tail off. I feel so bad. I never noticed any aggression before, and it all seemed to happen over night. One day he had the tail and the next he didn't. I rehomed the aggressive fish the next day. Is there anything I can do to help it grow back faster? I feel horrible that I didn't notice anything before. He can still swim but just a little bit slower. I can post a picture if you still need it, tomorrow.
Thank you for all the help

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom