Today I noticed Orca has red streaks on his fins. It also looks like he ripped a little part of his fin. I checked the other goldfish and they don't have red streaks. What causes red streaks? Is this something to worry about? I will get a video up in just a bit.
if your ammonia is 0 and the fish shows no signs of stress i.e. no flashing,clamped fins or sitting on the bottom and no other fish seem to be effected its very possible a color change but can i ask how often you do w/c as 80 nitrate is on the high side
I am very new to this forum, and have a fantail goldfish that is showing signs of red streaking in its tail also. However, the most disturbing symptom this fish is showing is at the base of its tail where its body has gone bright red, scales raised and blisters have formed. These symptoms appeared overnight. The fish seems not affected by it, it is swimming fine and still eating.
I did a water quality test the prevoius day checking nitrite, ammonia and Ph, results as follows:
Ammonia: b/w 0- 0.25ppm
I am water changing frequently recently as I am setting a new tank up and using cycled water from original tank.
The goldfish lives in a 120 L tank with 3 other goldfish. One other is showing red patches on its tail, but not the horrific looking angry red at the base of the tail.
I have isolated the fish and treated both tanks with triple sulfur and salt. This morning I changed water and medication to a broad sprectrum medication that treats white spot, fungaldiseases and fin and tail rot. Not sure if I should have stuck with triple sulfur tho.
Currently I am not sure what this fish has, or if I am treating it with the right product, any help or advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I am beginning to think may Septicemia, but the fish symptoms are not matching exactly
Is my water quality that bad? I thought it was ok, fish seem happy and I use Ammolock at water changes as well as conditioner
Do you use a freshwater test kit like API or strips?? Do the scales look something like a pine cone?
It's quite possible that your fish could have ammonia poisoning if your reading 0.25 PPM. Your local fish store should have the meds. I read the instructions throughly. If you do use meds it's a good idea to remove the filter.