Red Streaks On Black Skirt Tetras - Now Worse Help 

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
My black skirt tetras has some red rashlike streaks on its body parts i browsed the web i fear a red spot disease
But its not that dark it is sort of like a pale red in colour then i saw more on tue disease they say its about nitrate levels being high i tested my water and saw ammonia was at 0ppm and nitrate was also 5ppm so i really need help what to do
 

pongoandfriends22

Valued Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
17
Points
18
Rdrb said:
Well first off, I see a couple ich spots on that fish in the photo so I think you need to start treating for ich. I feel that maybe the red isn’t red spot disease but I can’t tell because the picture isn’t too clear.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
Wait let me send another pic

Sorry the photo isnt coming much clear but black skirts ought to hav greyish bodies

Also i dont think they ich cos if so their whole bodies will have white spots they do have a kind of glitter like thingy on their tails i am pretty sure it aint ich

kallililly1973 said:
That looks like one of the Vonrio tetras I have.. do you have pics of the other one?
Vonrio tetras are not similar to black skirt tetras bro
 

Attachments

pongoandfriends22

Valued Member
Messages
55
Reaction score
17
Points
18
Um that actually sadly does look like it might be red spot now that I see it better. I’m not an expert so I don’t know for sure because I’ve never had this problem but it does look like red spot, sorry.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
kallililly1973 said:
I know their not Bro. all I said was it looks like one of my Vonrio
Lol sorry bro

pongoandfriends22 said:
Um that actually sadly does look like it might be red spot now that I see it better. I’m not an expert so I don’t know for sure because I’ve never had this problem but it does look like red spot, sorry.
If its red spot i am doomed
 

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Messages
18,321
Reaction score
12,253
Points
798
Experience
More than 10 years
Mmmm it is weird they "color up" the same way. They look super healthy.Could there have been glofish in their ancestors ?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #12

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
kallililly1973 said:
Here is the shot of the Vonrio that looked similar to your black skirt sorry I couldn’t b more help with your skirt issues.. good luck
Oh yeah it does np man i noticed swim patterns are normal so lets hope it has only blood circulating nice and smoothly

DoubleDutch said:
Mmmm it is weird they "color up" the same way. They look super healthy.Could there have been glofish in their ancestors ?
That would be something lol anyways i will keep you guys updated if anything happens
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
Update the tetras are fine no harm as of yet feeding has been good overall
 

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,879
Reaction score
3,194
Points
348
Experience
More than 10 years
When did the redness start showing? And how long have you had these? I agree, they look healthy, but they should be a grey color.
 

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,346
Reaction score
8,160
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
How often are you doing water changes and how often are you doing them? Any time I see something that looks even a little bit off the first thing I reach for is my water changing equipment.

Your beautiful little guys look like a cross between a white skirt and a black skirt. I know my black skirts are a lot darker than these.

The only time mine lighten up is when they are stressed. They used to do it with water changes or anytime I messed with their tank. They are used to having my hands in their tank so seldom lose their color now.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #17

Rdrb

Valued Member
Messages
122
Reaction score
33
Points
38
mattgirl said:
How often are you doing water changes and how often are you doing them? Any time I see something that looks even a little bit off the first thing I reach for is my water changing equipment.

Your beautiful little guys look like a cross between a white skirt and a black skirt. I know my black skirts are a lot darker than these.

The only time mine lighten up is when they are stressed. They used to do it with water changes or anytime I messed with their tank. They are used to having my hands in their tank so seldom lose their color now.
Sorry fr the delay just came online now well parameters looks good i did test everything is normal waterchanges are weekly bro
 

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,346
Reaction score
8,160
Points
608
Experience
More than 10 years
Rdrb said:
Sorry fr the delay just came online now well parameters looks good i did test everything is normal waterchanges are weekly bro
No problem. I know some folk do have a life outside Fishlore

I do weekly water changes but one water change a month I do a much bigger one to sorta reset the tank. If one isn't measuring for things other than ammonia, nitrites and nitrates those other things can build up over time. The unused minerals normally in our water can start building up thus the reason for the much bigger water change monthly.

There is nothing better for our fish friends than fresh clean water. .
 

jdhef

Moderator
Messages
14,219
Reaction score
3,232
Points
583
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
No problem. I know some folk do have a life outside Fishlore
.
What!??? Are you sure about that? This is the first I'm hearing of this!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom