Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi Everyone,
I've noticed that since I've got this Blood Parrot it has not displayed any black spots. When it gets stressed it just becomes pale like other cichlids.

Also, I've noticed red spots on his skin I thought that it was lice but I don't think so. None of the other fish in the tank have red marks.
The parameters are 0,0 and 10ppm.
Is my Blood Parrot dyed or is he just a hybrid of other fish species?

Thanks In Advance.
@chromedome52 @NavigatorBlack @CindiL @Anders247

Attachments

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
@Coradee I accidentally posed 2 threads do you mind merging them?
Thanks

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Blood parrots don't have to have black marks. Black marks can be stress related or a very young parrot still developing his color...but it's rarely an issue to worry about.

As for the red spots I can't really tell from the pic as it's pretty blurry. It could be just pigmentation. Have you noticed your parrot scraping against the decor or "flashing" at all? Any symptoms of irritation? What else is in the tank?

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Threads merged
Thanks
I can't help you with blood parrots as far as whats normal for them but @tyguy7760 can.
No worries, that's fine.
Blood parrots don't have to have black marks. Black marks can be stress related or a very young parrot still developing his color...but it's rarely an issue to worry about.

As for the red spots I can't really tell from the pic as it's pretty blurry. It could be just pigmentation. Have you noticed your parrot scraping against the decor or "flashing" at all? Any symptoms of irritation? What else is in the tank?
He's in a tank with 1 other blood Parrot, 1 gold Sev, 1 FM cichlid, 5 Silver Dollars, 3 YoYo Loaches and 1 Synodontis Eupterus . However, he is now alone in a 20 gallon for the moment. I'll upload a clearer pic shortly.

So far I've not seen any signs of scratching or irritation. However, over the hours he has regained his orange coloration. He just turns pale for a few minutes and the next thing you know it he's back to normal.

I hope you can see the new pictures I took, he's actually quite friendly and does not mind if I take pictures of him.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

tyguy7760

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
what size tank were you keeping him in with all those other cichlids? I honestly don't see any issues with him from the pics. Maybe chrome or navigator will weigh in soon.

Ed204

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
what size tank were you keeping him in with all those other cichlids? I honestly don't see any issues with him from the pics. Maybe chrome or navigator will weigh in soon.
He was in a 135 gallon. All the fish are about 5 inches max.
@chromedome52 @NavigatorBlack do you guys have any ideas?
Thanks by the way @tyguy7760 , I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom