Red Spot On Goldfish

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My favorite goldfish has a sudden red bump that appeared. It honestly has the appearance of a pimple. I checked water conditions. Ammonia 0. Nitrate 20 ppm. Ph 7. Any ideas what it is? I think maybe its just a scrape. Pictures below. Sorry they aren't better he or she never holds still. Still has plenty of appetite.

Attachments

Sheena-Phx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Beautiful Oranda! I've been wanting that color for forever. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm so sorry about the red spot, but unfortunately I don't have much experience sicknesses. It's a good sign that he has a good appetite. I would do extra water changes just to help him heal up faster. Hopefully someone can pinpoint what that is so you can get him on the mend. I just wanted to stop by and tell you you have the most beautiful fish in the world. : )

Joshuaharestad

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Beautiful Oranda! I've been wanting that color for forever. Absolutely gorgeous. I'm so sorry about the red spot, but unfortunately I don't have much experience sicknesses. It's a good sign that he has a good appetite. I would do extra water changes just to help him heal up faster. Hopefully someone can pinpoint what that is so you can get him on the mend. I just wanted to stop by and tell you you have the most beautiful fish in the world. : )
Thank you for the comment. I am quite proud of him or her myself. :) The spot looks a little smaller today. It's not raised any more so here's hoping. I treated with anti fungal medication.

Sheena-Phx

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well I hope things continue to get better. I can understand your concern with such a gorgeous fish. Good luck, and I hope that works!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom