Red Spot On Goldfish

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I moved my 2 goldfish in a 90 gallon pond during the beginning of April and they both have a red dot next to their gills and one also has one on his body close to his tail. They eat fine but are always underneath the sponge filter. I also noticed this last year when I moved them out during summer. Should I salt dip them?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'd have to get back home and catch them I'll try, but it will be hard and you may not be able to see it well

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It will help rule out possibility’s. Don’t worry about the quality just get the best one you can. My little guy moves quite bit.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know your parameters? Tell me what the spots look like. Do they look flat or swollen? Tell me everything.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
Will a salt dip help that sore looking thing or is it a parasite or something @Iverg1 @Gypsy13 please help I want to find out what this is so they don't die possibly
You can add salt to their water. Follow the directions but at half dose. Remember salt doesn’t evaporate so you’ll have to do water changes to remove some. When you dose again, only dose the new water you’re putting in. One of my sarassas tore his fin and I’m having to dose my pond. I have plants and everything. They all love it.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok thanks it looks like a sore and he has a couple in his body one on his fin and one near his gill. My ryukin also has one near the gill.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
Ok thanks it looks like a sore and he has a couple in his body one on his fin and one near his gill. My ryukin also has one near the gill.
Is there anything in the pond they could get hurt on?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
OneLittleBubble said:
And keep posting. I’m not going to be able to check in much. I will try though. Let me know how they do.

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Oh yeah they swim with their fins clamped not sure if it's so they can swim against the current when I add water. Also when the ryukin is swimming away from me he swims with them clamped. Is this a disease symptom or just to make him swim faster?

OneLittleBubble

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I just did a water change yesterday and they were fine. But in the beginning, when I first brought them out I did not do water changes until 2 weeks later. Now I do them every other day. Is that the reason?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom