Red spot disease??

Teamford7

Sorry long post here. But needing advice. I am new to aquarium life and had just added two Cory cat fish to my tank. Last week I came home and noticed one had died overnight then this morning my second one was in obvious distress and quickly died after I removed him to put him in a seperate tank from the others. Both were bought together from the same tank in the store. I'm thinking red spot disease?? As looking back they both had a red mark on them looking like internal bleeding that I only noticed right before they died. Need to know how to treat my other fish to prevent them from getting sick and the best way to clean my tank. I test the water weekly and have never had any problems with any of my levels.

carsonsgjs

Sorry long post here. But needing advice. I am new to aquarium life and had just added two Cory cat fish to my tank. Last week I came home and noticed one had died overnight then this morning my second one was in obvious distress and quickly died after I removed him to put him in a seperate tank from the others. Both were bought together from the same tank in the store. I'm thinking red spot disease?? As looking back they both had a red mark on them looking like internal bleeding that I only noticed right before they died. Need to know how to treat my other fish to prevent them from getting sick and the best way to clean my tank. I test the water weekly and have never had any problems with any of my levels.
Welcome to the forum!

To save you being asked a million questions, its probably easier if you use this link to fill out the emergency template. Hopefully then we will know enough about your tank for someone to provide some advice.

Upvote 0

Teamford7

Thank you.
Will do

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

You don't have to treat other fish that don't show signs of a disease.

Is the tank cycled / could they have encountered nitrites?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sydrc
Replies
Views
lemonbean
  • Question
Replies
Views
Lucy