Red Shrimp? Green Shrimp? Black Shrimp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I recently went to an lfs that had various shrimp labeled as red shrimp/fire red shrimp, green shrimp, and black shrimp. I'd never heard of any of these before, and I couldn't really find any reliable information online about them because the lfs didn't actually provide their scientific names or anything more specific.

I know for a fact that the red shrimp weren't RCS. I tried looking up fire red shrimp, but it said that they were a saltwater shrimp that typically sold for about $20, and that definitely wasn't the case for these. They were freshwater, and cost $5.

Basically, does anyone know what kind of shrimp are advertised like this?

_IceFyre_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The green and blacks could possibly be colour morphs of RCS. Could you describe the red shrimp? Did they have any white stripes or markings?

RyleighJ

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The black ones were pretty small, so I can definitely see them being a type of RCS. The green one was bigger than most RCS, though.

If I'm remembering right, I think the red shrimp were completely red, and about the size of an amano shrimp.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Without photos it would only be a guess but my guess would still be red cherries or some type of neocardinia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom