Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sabi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HI

As Reeftek and ReefO are voted no1 skimmers, what would your pick in second best be?

And what is your opinion on this protein skimmer?
If not this, which one?

agsansoo

Well Known
Reaction score
I prefer needle wheel skimmers or mesh wheel skimmers. I will also be upgrading my skimmer this month. Price range on my upgrade is $300 to $500 ! My current skimmer is a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 I purchased used for $70 on ebay over one year ago. Stills work, just need something bigger.

OP
Sabi

Sabi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
agsansoo said:
I prefer needle wheel skimmers or mesh wheel skimmers. I will also be upgrading my skimmer this month. Price range on my upgrade is $300 to $500 ! My current skimmer is a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 I purchased used for $70 on ebay over one year ago. Stills work, just need something bigger.
Tnx for replying. Could you show me which skimmers are needle wheel or mesh? I've heard of needle wheel before but can't figure where it is/ what it does.
What brand are you upgrading to? And besides reeftek/octo what skimmer would you recommend for a nano?

agsansoo

Well Known
Reaction score
Sabi said:
Tnx for replying. Could you show me which skimmers are needle wheel or mesh? I've heard of needle wheel before but can't figure where it is/ what it does.
What brand are you upgrading to? And besides reeftek/octo what skimmer would you recommend for a nano?
I will post a sticky today on skimmers !

Octopus skimmers are needle wheel skimmers. As for a nano ... I'm not familiar with nano setups ... Though I hear Tunze's are a favorite.

Rbacchiega

Reaction score
alot of times if you have good water movement in a nano and use a hob filter converted you'll get enough surface movement to keep a lot of the stuff under controll, but there are a few out there if you have your heart really set on one. Generally though, in nano tanks (well, I guess taking into consideration what you're calling a nano) there's not enough of a bioload to cause a huge amount of skum anyways.

OP
Sabi

Sabi

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks guys. I think i'm sticking to the reeftek ts1. With strong filtration I hope to have less chance of muck building up and less algae/fish problems.
My Dad may be able to get it at a good price for me.

New Threads