Red Sea Deco Nano/AZOO Palm filter

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Product:  Red Sea Deco Nano/AZOO Palm filter

Description:  This filter is sold under two different brands/names but are exactly the same. It is an external hang on back design rated up to 3 gallon tanks with a flow rate of 15 GPH. It has a separate coarse bio-sponge and filter wool.

Pros: It's tiny, has flow control, low power about 3W, cheap. Can be found at Petco and many online vendors.

Cons : Doesn't self prime. Doesn't have carbon. This filter can sometimes give off a slight rattle when the lid is fully pressed down.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did you find this at petco in the store, if so I'd like to get it.

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes Petco carries the Red Sea brand in-store for around $12. I'd rather buy it online though since it's much cheaper at about $7. I don't know what price Petco sells them online for but Big Als and Dr FosterSmith has them for cheap. If you buy it online make sure you buy other stuff too so you can spread out the shipping costs otherwise you'd be spending more for just one filter since shipping is going to be about $10.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I don't need anything else right now and my parents don't like me ordering stuff online so I might just wait till they have some sale then buy it. maybe they honor their internet price like petsmart

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
ATM, did you know that you can get a visa, refillable credit card at the drug store now? I understand your parents concern about identity theft and not using the internet for sensitive information. This card is nice because it's secured. Whatever money you add to the card is the money you have available to charge on the card. It's not linked with any bank account or address etc.

Some of my details may be a little off (like not sure if the one at drugstores is refillable or one time use) so look into it maybe. This might be a way for you to safely order on the net

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hmm possible, could you use the number on the card for internet though?

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes you could. Any Visa can be used online. Maybe find some literature about it at the drug store and go over it with your parents (to ensure there aren't weird hidden costs and what not because you never know (unless you get magnifiers and read the really small print, heh). I'm pretty sure it's an up and up product/card though. Next time I'm at the drug store, I'll see what's up with it and will let you know...unless you find out first.

((ATM))

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok thanks

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh just wanted to mention that I myself use these reloadable cards AesSedai mentioned. They do have additional costs associated with it but not too much. My card company charges $1 per transaction and reloading costs $2. I usually reload $50-$200 at a time onto the card so the $2 reload charge is peanuts. My card is a ACE Cash Express MasterCard. You can use it like any creditcard and can even withdraw money from ATMs with it, just remember that each purchase/transaction incurs a $1 fee. It's very convenient for people who can't get a credit card due to bad credit etc. The reason why I use this card instead of my bank's ATM/Check card is due to my bank always charging me insufficient funds fee which are very high around $30. I remember one time my bank slapped me with an insufficient funds fee of about $30 because I bought a $5 hamburger and went over my balance limit by a couple of dollars...rediculous!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So say I wanted to buy this filter and a hood online and total cost would be 66$ I could get that card and put 70$ on it and would cost me 1$ off when I made the transaction and if I wanted to refill it, it would cost 2$? Where did you get your card, I'm assuming I'll need my parents to buy it for me too?

thanks

AlfaBetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
You can get these cards at many check cashing places where they cash checks and sell money orders. My card is an ACE Cash card which is sold at ACE Cashing places. There's a store locater on their site, just input your zip code to find the nearest one. This is a very reputable company and they have a very professional site. Once you have your card you can goto the site to check your balance, transactions history, and all kinds of other useful things. You can check your balance using a phone but you get charged for that. I normally use their website to check transanctions because it's free. Also when you load money into the card from the ACE Cashing places they give you a receipt that shows your total remaining balance so you don't even have to check it online. You can load money from other non-ACE places too. They have a directory of places where you can load money on their website. I'm not sure if you have to be 18 to buy the card or not.

www.acecashexpress.com

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It looks like there isn't one near me, do you know of any that you can get at a pharamacy like aessedia said?

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
((ATM))

It's a commercial on tv here in Tampa...that's how I learned about these cards. I only learned about them a few weeks ago. I haven't been to a drug store yet but as soon as I get to one, I'll find out what I can for you. You could also call a drug store close to you and ask them about the card if you want.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom