Red rotala indica

Jerriel

So I recently bought red rotala indica and had a few questions on it. The ones I bought arent very red and are more on the lime side of coloration. One of them does habe a little pink coloration but its only near the top. Also when I look up how large the plants grow i see 6 inches, but my stems are 14 - 18 inches. Finally, how do you propagate these plants ? Can I cut them wherever, and when planting them in substrate do I bury up to the roots and stop when it get to the stem ?

gray_matter16

My rotala gets redder the more light it gets. By "more light" I mean a combination of distance from the light, duration the light is on, and intensity of the light. It's why the top third of mine are very red, the middle third are sorta red, and the bottom third are green.

I've never let mine just grow out, so I don't know the max height, but it's much more than 6 inches.

They are stem plants so you just cut them wherever (making sure some leaves are left for photosynthesis), and plant the trimmed part. Most of the time 2 new shoots will sprout from the cutting on the original plant.

The trimmed plant can just be planted a few inches into the substrate, doesn't really matter all that much as long as it's deep enough to anchor it.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Solved
Replies
Views
Analisemcg
  • Question
Replies
Views
Passionfish
Replies
Views