Red Root Floaters Don’t Have Red Roots!

DoubleD80

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I’ve had these red root floaters for a about a month! At first they were nice looking and had long red roots! I had a hood and fluorescent light when I got them! I noticed they started to all die and melt! I got a Chihrios rgb60 and took the hood off! I love the look and the floaters bounced back and are growing well now! But they don’t have red roots and are flat on top instead of that bubbles look like they had when I got them! Any idea on how to get the red roots and that bubbles look on the leaves? I dose Nilocg thrive 3 pumps every 3 days! I have a 29 gallon tank!

Attachments

MrBryan723

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's mostly bases around your lighting intensity .Unfortunately I don't know if you need more or less intense light for the red to come back. My cardinal plants have become more red with more intense lighting but I went from fluorescent to LED.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plants tend to give off a red hue due to being burned by the intensity of the lights. Think of it as getting a tan when exposed to higher levels of light.

Increase light intensity by adding more fixtures, reflectors or lowering the light could help.

DoubleD80

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It's mostly bases around your lighting intensity .Unfortunately I don't know if you need more or less intense light for the red to come back. My cardinal plants have become more red with more intense lighting but I went from fluorescent to LED.
Yeah I have my Chihiros rgb60 set at about 28% now! It’s way brighter than my fluorescent was! My java fern got a slight burn at first! Wonder how high I’ll have to go to get the red back!?

Plants tend to give off a red hue due to being burned by the intensity of the lights. Think of it as getting a tan when exposed to higher levels of light.

Increase light intensity by adding more fixtures, reflectors or lowering the light could help.
Yeah I have my Chihiros rgb60 set at about 28% now! It’s way brighter than my fluorescent was! My java fern got a slight burn at first! Wonder how high I’ll have to go to get the red back!?

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 15 39.5%

Top Bottom