Red rili failed to molt

JosephM
I bought a couple juvenile males maybe a couple weeks ago and they’ve been doing great. When all of a sudden I see one dead and go to pick him out and he was in the process of molting. This is a 10 gallon species only tank with lots of plants. 0 ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, 213 TDS, 2Kh, 6gh... any reasons he might’ve failed molting or is this pure luck? Keep in mind my other 4 shrimp have successfully molted in the past week.

Advertisement
richiep
your gh6 is just above border line so its quite possible he just didn't acclimatise fully, you may have acclimatised them a little to fast for that one,

JosephM
your gh6 is just above border line so its quite possible he just didn't acclimatise fully, you may have acclimatised them a little to fast for that one,
I was using tap water and remineralizing up to 6gh with some liquid gh+, I just got an RO filter and waiting for salty shrimp gh/kh+ to come in the mail. Should I slowly bring GH up to an 8, or what would you recommend?

richiep
where at the moment it's not a problem to your shrimp so the slower you bring it up the better. when you do your next water change add enough minerals to bring your gh up 1 point and the same next water change, you will also find that your kh is going to rise a well from 2 to somewhere around 4 or 5 so just take your time your shrimp are not in danger.

JosephM
where at the moment it's not a problem to your shrimp so the slower you bring it up the better. when you do your next water change add enough minerals to bring your gh up 1 point and the same next water change, you will also find that your kh is going to rise a well from 2 to somewhere around 4 or 5 so just take your time your shrimp are not in danger.
Okay, sounds good. Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
cichlid12345
Replies
Views
Anto26
Replies
Views
Cazrea
  • Question