Red "pimple"?

1. frogfan Well Known Member Member

1 of the minnows in my qt has what looks like a red pimple next to its mouth right under its eye it looks like ut has a white center . I cant find anything on the lists of fish diseases thsts consistsnt with this other then ulcers it just showed up yesterday after he got picked on by 1 of the other fish. Should i remove him to another tank? All i have is an unfiltered un heated bowl but hes a minnow so i dont think the heats an issue

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

2. claireputput Well Known Member Member

Hi, if he is in a qt tank, I am assuming that he and his buddies are recent purchases? IMO, I would monitor the sore and do frequent water changes. If it is a simple injury, it should look better fairly quickly.
    If it does not respond to the water changes, then you may have something else going on and will need to treat the entire tank anyway.

3. frogfan Well Known Member Member

Yeah we got them on the 4th or 5th and have had nothing but issues from the lot of them the guppies have worms so the minnowes probably do also
    The sore on the minnows face is healing but hes going back to the petstore today to many issues with them
    Sent from my SCH-S738C using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app