Red Party Cup in Tank?

1. markah1

markah1 Valued Member Member

I live in a college town where drunk people roam the streets and parties on a monday night are a norm. It would only be appropriate that my CPO's home should be a red party cup sunk into the sand.

Are there any reasons I shouldn't do this other than being really tacky?

Its only temporary. I intend to find him a better home when I'm able to scrap up a few dollars and get a coconut hut or some like that.

Thanks.

2. Legures

Legures Valued Member Member

3. E

Echostatic Well Known Member Member

A coconut would look good :)

4. OP
    OP
    markah1

Thanks. Thats just the answer I was looking for.

Well . My new CPO is coming tomorrow and I have no money to by him a hiding spot lol i wish there was some type of household item I could use until the weekend when I get paid!

5. ZeeZ

ZeeZ Well Known Member Member

6. OP
    OP
    markah1

Thanks. The red cup is at a 6 so it has the potential to leech toxins into my aquarium. Oh well. The little cray might have to go a day or two without a proper hiding spot.

7. d

davebowden Valued Member Member

You could always use a ceramic plant pot !;)

8. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

How about an unpainted, unglazed terra cotta pot? Smaller ones are only a buck or two.

9. OP
    OP
    markah1

Aren't they all painted red? Or is that their natural color?

10. ZeeZ

That's their natural color. :) The white ones you might be thinking of have been primered for glazing paint.

11. OP
    OP
    markah1

Ok I'm an idiot haha I'll go to Lowes or something. That would actually look really nice! Thanks!

12. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

You could put a coffee mug in there.

13. ZeeZ

If you really wanted the red cup, you can cover every square millimeter with aquatic safe silicone. Professional companies that customize tanks do it all the time.

But you would have to be 100% sure it was sealed.

14. R

ReefKeeper01 New Member Member

I like the coffee cup idea mentioned above... Or for your college town thing... take a glass beer mug and put that in there. You'd be giving him a hiding spot that you can actually see into and he will think he's "hiding".

15. E

Echostatic Well Known Member Member

Would he not see thru the glass?