Red Or Dark Spots Affecting Numerous Plants

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Cricket lynn mclean, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Cricket lynn mclean

Cricket lynn mclean Well Known Member Member

Can anyone tell what's happening? Pictured are banana and annubias but my grass leaf plants are also turning dark or maybe black?? Some seems wash off able and others do not. All the leaves on my banana plants have been affected. Even the brand new ones. 0804170857-1.jpg 0804170858-1.jpg

2. F

Freshwaterfish101 New Member Member

Um that might be Diatoms? Its a type of algae that affects plants, it grows when there is too much food in the tank I think. Maybe your putting to much food in? :)

3. OP
    OP
    Cricket lynn mclean

I would go with yes on that. Perhaps I should get some mts and really make a problem of it

4. OP
    OP
    Cricket lynn mclean

It's a tank with only angels and their 75 spawn or so. I have issues :/ is the solution to stop over feeding?

5. F

Freshwaterfish101 New Member Member

Possibly, I have never kept angel fish before so I'm not sure about their diet and how much they should be fed. Maybe do some research or ask an experienced Angel keeper what the recommended amount of food to be fed is for that many fish? But if you think you are over feeding then it is probably best to cut down a bit :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice