Red Minor Tetra

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello all!
I have added three 'red minor' tetras to my 29 gallon tank yesterday. I wanted to only introduce the three to see how well they got along with the others in my tank. They are great looking fish, and swim in the true 'schooling' pattern. I see no info in the tetra species and wonder if they go by another name? I have added a photo for id'ing them. I had originally wanted barbs but being semi aggresive, I wont have them, these look so similiar that they really are a great subsitute.
Thanks for your help!

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are also called serpae tetras. IMO, they are little pests, they nip the fins of different fish all the time. What else do you have them with?
Tom

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
capekate said:
Hello all!
I have added three 'red minor' tetras to my 29 gallon tank yesterday. I wanted to only introduce the three to see how well they got along with the others in my tank. They are great looking fish, and swim in the true 'schooling' pattern. I see no info in the tetra species and wonder if they go by another name? I have added a photo for id'ing them. I had originally wanted barbs but being semi aggresive, I wont have them, these look so similiar that they really are a great subsitute.
Thanks for your help!
Hi Tom,
well i have two dalmation mollies (huge), 5 platy now that I re indroduced the bad boy platy back in this tank, and one dwarf gourami. So far there are no fin nipping. They all get along great. ;D

Thanks for ID'ing the fish for me. I checked out the fish information under fish species. I appreciate the help! ;D

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your welcome. And remember,I am just going by my experience with them, you might have a different one with yours.
Tom

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom