Red Ludwigia-Broad

1. FishFrenzy43 Initiate Member

Hello, quick question about this Ludwigia... as you can see its grown quite tall in my tank. It also has shot good root systems. My question is: can I clip it at a point and it will grow again? Kinda like spider plant babies? I do like this species, I wouldn't mind some extra. Or should I trim it down some way?? Thanks. 1469477114325.jpg

2. DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

Just cut it and replant the top. The top section will grow and the bottom section should branch into 2. as the new stuff grows rinses and repeat. Soon enough you have a tank full of Ludwigia.

3. Frankie the Fish Initiate Member

Be sure to strip the bottom of the trimming you replant don't want to bury leafs they will start to rot and kill the plant but Dan said trim the top portion say around the middle so they are the same length and continue as the grow to the top again then before you know it you'll have a bush of this stuff

4. fishytingles Initiate Member

I love this plant. It seems my Amano Shrimp are nibbling at it tho & some of hte leaves have holes in them? Is this normal?

5. Frankie the Fish Initiate Member

If the holes continue to pop up then you are having a potassium deficiency going on holes in your leafs are your indication