Question red line endler, no other colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

userdan06

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
hello, i have a colony of wild stock endlers, the colony has many variations in color schemes.

I have one endler that was born in my tank that has developed its color, but it is not a "strain" i recognize. This endler looks to be female, very drab in color, but has a single vibrant red stripe, no black, blue, green, orange, or yellow.

has anyone ever seen an endler that sounds like that? just curious. i'm going to be changing my tanks around a little bit, and i'm going to put him and a few females in a small tank to see if i can get more fry with this single stripe(i figure 3 batches of fry, before i know the fry came from this male.)

thanks
dan

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds nice Even among the same group of fish there are so many genetic combinations possible it would be almost impossible to predict the pattern/color out come.
Let us know how your breeding program comes out. got any pictures?
Carol

OP
U

userdan06

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i've been trying and i cant get a picture with any detail. little bugger likes to swim lol i'll post results of my breeding program if there are any

omnitheforsaken

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have... I actually I have one. I thought it was a male because it developed colors but it's twice the size of any of the males and is not very colorful. Just hints of colors here and there. I didn't really bother to look at it's/for it's reproductive organ to be sure of the sex but it's either a female with some coloring or a very huge and dull colored male.

OP
U

userdan06

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
omnitheforsaken, thanks for the reply. have you had any luck getting pictures?
I'm going to try again to get a picture tomorrow.

I'm starting to wonder if its female now too, i can't seem find the small male "fin", and the fish is bigger than all my other males, not a lot, but a little larger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.6%

Top Bottom