RED LIGHT ?

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I purchased a pack of 2x25 w light bulbs for my 10 gallon tank, and when i got the lights home. i noticed one was red, ?? can anyone tell me what that is for, or what i do with it. I put it on my tank for 2 days temporarily, but it did not look good, and did not give off allot of light.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe it's a different spectrum of light and will grow plants differently or bring out different colors in fish. Just my guess or it's a reef light.

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
i still have original packaging, when i get home i will cheek as it may tell me.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's a nighttime light, I think. If you have it on at night it doesn't disturb the fish as much and they act normally.

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
i think your right, i cheeked packaging and it does not specifically say what it is fore.

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought red lights were for plant growth, aren't they a different specterum concentrating on the red end of the scale which plants use to photosynthesize, and also algae cannot use this light.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Plants use almost anything in the spectrum except for green and a small amount of blue. It's why they're green - they reflect the green light because they don't use it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom