Red LED light

zigmeister
I got a red LED light for my 12 gal tank from Catersun for Christmas. It is pretty cool. It attaches with a suction cup and can be put either in the inside or outside of the tank. It is supposed to be useful for seeing nocturnal fish, such as my bumble bee catfish. I haven't seen him with it yet, but then, I've only used it one night. Makes the tank look kind of eery... lol. The cherry barbs are even redder than usual!

jsalemi
Those 'lunar/night lights' are great. I have a blue one on my 10g, white ones on my 56g. It's a great way to watch the fish without disturbing them.

COBettaCouple
yea, i'd love to get some of those.

Trpimp147
do they really work soon as I get close to my fish tank my plecos run hiding.

zigmeister
I have a feeling the lights have to be off in the room. Let me see... *walks over and turns lights out* Hmmm, It appears that when the lights in the room are out and the LED light is on, the fish can't see outside the tank. This is really cool. Thank you, Catersun!

Jimold
I have a feeling the lights have to be off in the room. Let me see... *walks over and turns lights out* Hmmm, It appears that when the lights in the room are out and the LED light is on, the fish can't see outside the tank. This is really cool. Thank you, Catersun!

Oh, the effect with the room darkened is not to be missed, especially if you have nocternal fish like plecos or loaches. And if you have something that can ripple the surface of your water just a bit, the shimmering effect is awesome! Everyone should go get one of these... lol. It's like getting a new nocternal tank.

susitna-flower
This sounds perfect, what color would show up a Raphael cat, Black Ghost Knife and the plecoes?

I seem to have a whole daytime tank and at the very same time a night time one. The daytime fish all go up to the surface and hide in floating plants when the night crowd comes out!

catersun
Your Welsome!!!

Well we tried to install the new compact light bulb on the nano cube, and it's still not working. :-( I've emailed JBJ to see what else could be going on with it. I've had my LED on the little tank for a while.. it's cool to see the fish's shadows swimming on the wall and the ripple of the water when the rest of the room is dark. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 5 gal since the location I was hoping for isn't going to work. So I guess for now the LED light will stay on the 12gal.

jsalemi
This sounds perfect, what color would show up a Raphael cat, Black Ghost Knife and the plecoes?

I'd use the moonlight white as a first choice, blue as a second. The white is a bit brighter, but either will make it easier to see those fish.

Gozer_1
I love sitting in a dark living room staring into my moon lit reef. Not much but a bunch of snails and a shrimp but for some reason I just stare. All the little dark caves and ripples across the sand. I want Moon lights for my other two tanks. One of these days. It would be nice to actually see my Raph Cat. Have any of you heard about daytime LED lights? This is the only one I know about and it is way too expensive.
Coolest light on the planet though.

COBettaCouple
wow.. yea! I think I'll get one for each tank.

Gozer_1
wow.. yea! I think I'll get one for each tank.

Go for the 72 incher and just line up tanks and cover em all. lol
Or get the 48s and just match up with new tanks too.

COBettaCouple
lol.. ok, I'll have to sell our car, but we can walk around knowing our fish have the latest lighting technology. Those are incredible lighting, I just wish they didn't have the incredible pricing.

Gozer_1
Talk about ripple effect. ooooo aaaaaahhhhhh The price is unbelievable. How many can they really sell. Guess you only need to sell a few when they cost $3000 a piece.

COBettaCouple
lol, tell me about it! We LOVE fish keeping, but I don't think we'd EVER feel like spending that much on lighting. It may save energy, but how many decades would it take to make up for the light's cost? lol.

Talk about ripple effect. ooooo aaaaaahhhhhh The price is unbelievable. How many can they really sell. Guess you only need to sell a few when they cost $3000 a piece.

Gozer_1
No kidding. LEDs can last as long as 10 or 11 years though, but you have to replace the whole thing when you it's time is up. Better be WAY cheaper in 10 years. lol Then maybe I can think about it.

susitna-flower
OK if you see a short little grandma running around with a skI mask on, robbing 7-11's you will know I just can't live without one of those LED lights for my tank. WELL ok I need 2 cause the 125 is 72".............

COBettaCouple
"gimme your money and be quick about it, I need LED lights for my fish!"

OK if you see a short little grandma running around with a skI mask on, robbing 7-11's you will know I just can't live without one of those LED lights for my tank. WELL ok I need 2 cause the 125 is 72".............

susitna-flower
This is where we have to get really clever, and have a "fishhouse" , then make tons of profit, and buy them but claim them as an "expence" so it is a deduction with IRS!!! Better than robbing a 7-11, cause it's legal and would be spending $ to save $, and we would still get to enjoy them.......

Jimold
I love sitting in a dark living room staring into my moon lit reef. Not much but a bunch of snails and a shrimp but for some reason I just stare. All the little dark caves and ripples across the sand. I want Moon lights for my other two tanks. One of these days. It would be nice to actually see my Raph Cat. Have any of you heard about daytime LED lights? This is the only one I know about and it is way too expensive.
Coolest light on the planet though.

...and here I've been wasting all my extra money on a new car... what was I thinking?

jsalemi
Here you go -- for the budget-minded

COBettaCouple
Yea.. i'm so disappointed..
...and here I've been wasting all my extra money on a new car... what was I thinking?

Gozer_1

You can get a 72 inch model for a mere 500 more. Which is 300 more than I spent on my reef light lol.

One bank would be faster than several 7-11s.

zigmeister
OMG... I've started a crime spree with this thread!!!! Instead of stealing to support a drug habit, we are reduced to stealing to support our fish habit!!! lol

COBettaCouple
lol.. well fish are better than drugs.

OMG... I've started a crime spree with this thread!!!! Instead of stealing to support a drug habit, we are reduced to stealing to support our fish habit!!! lol

Gozer_1
lol.. well fish are better than drugs.

Yeah lol. I'd much rather blow all my money on fish. Atleast the fish won't kill you, or make your teeth rot out of your head. Sounds like a healthy addiction to me. Too busy changing water to do drugs anyway. lol

COBettaCouple
maybe we can mug drug dealers for fish light money!

Gozer_1
maybe we can mug drug dealers for fish light money!

It'd be like a Robin Hood thing kinda. Rob from the criminal for the good of the fish. Ok it's a stretch I know.

COBettaCouple
Hey, works for me .. I need a dozen of those lights!

It'd be like a Robin Hood thing kinda. Rob from the criminal for the good of the fish. Ok it's a stretch I know.

Gozer_1
You could always settle for this one. It doesn't have the nifty controller built in though. It's just on or off. ALOT less light too.

COBettaCouple
That's a pretty nice light too, but my fish will gang up on us and eat the dog or something if they don't get those incredible lights.

Gozer_1
That's a pretty nice light too, but my fish will gang up on us and eat the dog or something if they don't get those incredible lights.

LOL My dog would be terrified if she knew what was going through the Oscars mind. lol Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at that light with the screen facing the Oscar. lol Giving her bad ideas.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. perhaps she should sleep with 1 eye open tonight.

LOL My dog would be terrified if she knew what was going through the Oscars mind. lol Maybe I shouldn't have been looking at that light with the screen facing the Oscar. lol Giving her bad ideas.

zigmeister
You guys are a riot!!!! I'm so glad I am not alone in my addiction...lol

Gozer_1
LOL.. perhaps she should sleep with 1 eye open tonight.

Oh If fish could walk.

You guys are a riot!!!! I'm so glad I am not alone in my addiction...lol

You certainly aren't alone.

COBettaCouple
LOL.. didn't we have a thread about one of those, not long ago?
Oh If fish could walk.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jocelyn Adelman
Replies
Views
Lucy
Replies
Views
Mscheveous1
Top Bottom