Red Honey Gourami Or Thick Lipped

Meliodas

Hey all, I have been asking around for awhile about the fish I bought listed as "red honey gourami". After purchasing them and getting them set into my tank, I learned that they may be thick lipped gourami. However, I have now had them for 3 months with no growth at all. I feed them a pretty vast diet of frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, daphnia, and new life spectrum pellets. If these are thick lipped gourami, do they grow extremely slow? They are no bigger than an inch and a half at most and get along with everybody in the tank.

Attachments

Patrick Morris

I think it is a red honey gourami, I have had one for about 6 months and it hasn’t grown big or anything like that. However, I’m no expert but it is common for fish stores to accidentally list thick lipped gouramis under the name ‘red honey gourami’ ‘red robin gourami’ or simply ‘honey gourami’

Meliodas

I came here because on another forum I joined, I got very few responses and they thought it was a thick lipped, which I just don't know if I agree with. They wouldn't consider any other options, even though the gouramI I have are very small and have remained that size since purchase. I would just like to know what species I have in my tank is all, thank you guys for the feedback I really appreciate it.

Top Bottom