Red Flame Sword Is Rotting? Help!

Jerica Ward

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a red flame sword plant that I am currently trying to revive. The substrate I used was fluval and, at first, it started growing really fast! But then it stopped and I am wondering if it started going downhill because one of its leaves started dying? I didn't remove it properly and then it started deteriorating. Since it went downhill, the 2 gal jar I had it in started smelling like sulfur and all of it's leaves started rotting. Right now, Only one leaf is left and portions of it are still rotting. It's roots are also a brownish color. It's currently in an old trash bin that I used for water changes. I'm hoping you guys would have some decent advice for me? It's not dying noticeably anymore but at the point it's at, I'm wondering if there's even any hope left for it. It's not really showing anymore signs of growth but parts of it are still green.

smee82

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Did you bury the crown and what ferts did you give it.

OP
J

Jerica Ward

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
halljo222 said:
It shouldn't be kept in a 2 gallon jar, do you do water changes on it?
Yeah, I do water changes on it. It's currently in about 3 gallons worth of water in the bin it's in. I might put it in with my betta instead of the jar if it does any better. Any advice on caring for this thin? I'm not even sure if I have the necessary stuff.

New Threads