Red Devil Fry

fishnchips

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey does anyone one here have experience raising red devil fry?
I'd greatly appreciate any helpful tips!
The LFS gave me about a 100 2 months ago and now Ive only got 3 left
there still in a breeding net as there still small and Im currently setting up a new tank for them.
Again any helpful hints will be greatly appreciated!

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Fishnchips. I generally raise Cichlid fry by letting the parents keep them for around a week, and then giving them their own tank to grow out in. Clean water is essential, as are regular water changes. I feed cichlid fry on decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and crushed flake.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did you put all 100 in a breeder net? The lack of space wouldn't help and they may have killed, eaten eachother. I wouldn't advise raising 100 red devil fry in anything less than a 45G.

fishnchips

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi Fishnchips. I generally raise Cichlid fry by letting the parents keep them for around a week, and then giving them their own tank to grow out in. Clean water is essential, as are regular water changes. I feed cichlid fry on decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and crushed flake.
nick goody
as i mentioned i got them from the LFS so the parents werent with them
I felt bad for the fry as they store owner said he was going to let them be eaten, so he gave me them for free. And it wasnt until a few days ago that i acquired a new tank for the 3 fry that i have left. BTW where can i get decapsulated brne shrimp eggs, also how quickly do u notice ur fr to grow

Did you put all 100 in a breeder net? The lack of space wouldn't help and they may have killed, eaten eachother. I wouldn't advise raising 100 red devil fry in anything less than a 45G.
platy ben again i realize my situation was a bit ill advised, as it is only now that i have another tank to put the remaining three fry in. have u ever raised them before?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ive merged a few of the posts fishnchips the " marks in each thread, allows you to quote mutiple threads

and you can get a great price on decapsulated eggs at

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom