Red Coris Wrasse Baby Temporary Tank Size?

PerpetualNovice

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m adding a red coris wrasse to my fowlr display. I’ve heard juveniles adapt better than adults so I’m ordering a baby 2 inches. I have an established 13.5 gallon tank with a deep sand bed and just a couple clowns in it. I was thinking of letting it live in there for a month or two while it adjusts to aquarium life. Then add it to my 120 display. I’m worried if I add it to the display right away the stress combined with the aggressive fish in the display won’t go well. Will 13.5 gallons suffice for up to 2 months?

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all. I’m adding a red coris wrasse to my fowlr display. I’ve heard juveniles adapt better than adults so I’m ordering a baby 2 inches. I have an established 13.5 gallon tank with a deep sand bed and just a couple clowns in it. I was thinking of letting it live in there for a month or two while it adjusts to aquarium life. Then add it to my 120 display. I’m worried if I add it to the display right away the stress combined with the aggressive fish in the display won’t go well. Will 13.5 gallons suffice for up to 2 months?
I think it will be fine since people do put fish like this in a smaller QT tank for about 76 days or about 2 months. Since they are only 2 inches they should be fine.

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
How long have the clowns been in there? In a tank that small I would worry that Established Clowns would view the newbie as an intruder and go after it. Furthermore a 13.5 is pretty cramped for even a short term holding tank for something as active as a wrasse (even as small as it is). If the clowns weren't in there, I would say it should be okay, but not sure about them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom