Red claw crab dead?

Lorsabs

Hi so I bought my red claw crab 3 days ago and he seemed happy he has a place to get out of the water and he was moving around a lot. Today when I went to look for him he was sitting in the back of the tank with his eyes closed, I’m not sure if he is dead or moulting but I went to touch him and he didn’t respond please help!!

Lorsabs

We need more details. Tank size, water parameters, etc... Could you fill out the emergency template? That will give us the information we need.
i have an update, I found a bigger crab in the tank hiding under a rock, does this mean he has moulted? Should I take out his old skin thing?

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

i have an update, I found a bigger crab in the tank hiding under a rock, does this mean he has moulted? Should I take out his old skin thing?
Can you add a pic? It definitely sounds like molting. Yes, you can take out the old exoskeleton. They sometimes eat it, but if he hasn't yet, it isn't worth leaving it there.

Upvote 0

Lorsabs

Hi found out he was moulting but now there seems to be something else wrong, he’s lost 3 legs and I’m not sure why

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

The emergency template would definitely be helpful now. The words should be a link to the template that you can then copy/paste here and fill out.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
2211Nighthawk
Replies
Views
2211Nighthawk
Replies
Views
Mycatisanorange
Replies