Red Cherry Shrimp

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by xxSTEPHENSxx, Apr 20, 2010.

1. xxSTEPHENSxxValued MemberMember

I like these little guys... do they need to be in a cycled tank? Also would they be ok with the fish in my 55gal? Barbs/glofish/clown pleco/cories

2. harpua2002Fishlore VIPMember

I think the barbs would eat them.

They would be a great choice for your 10 gallon once it cycles though. :)

3. jetajockeyFishlore VIPMember

It's best to limit the creatures you put into an uncycled tank, since they often suffer stress from the ammonia/nitrite spikes, but if you keep the water pristine then they will survive. Shrimp are a tasty snack to most fish , so basically anything with a big enough mouth will eat them.

4. ElodeaWell Known MemberMember

They'll do great in the 10 gal. Though I'm pretty sure you don't want suggestions, I'd say that a colony of RCS will look real nice. A big colony, as in 100 shrimp or so.

But finish cycling first and add some plants (preferrably Java moss). They do not tolerate any amounts of ammonia, nitrite, and prefer low nitrates.

5. upgradeValued MemberMember

i dont know of any fish that will honestly "live long" in a non cycled tank

6. xxSTEPHENSxxValued MemberMember

Ok... well if this dang thing will ever finish cycling!!

7. ldbrown3138Valued MemberMember

I wouldn't recommend keeping shrimp with fish of any size. The temptation to have shrimp cocktail for dinner would be too great. RCS are fairly small. Maybe if you had tiny rasboras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice