Red Cherry Shrimp & Blue Ramshorn Snails Want To Sell 

  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
DSC08342.JPG DSC08271.JPG DSC08299.JPG DSC08229.JPG DSC08470.JPG DSC08472.JPG
I have shrimp and snails for sale!
Cherry Shrimp (Juvenile to young adults, "cherry" grade) - $15 for 5 shrimp, $24 for 10+2 shrimp, or $38 for 20+2. Females are more colorful than males, and juveniles will become more colorful as they grow. I have a few rillis too and if you'd like I can try to catch them for you (no guarantee as it is difficult to catch specific shrimp)
Blue ramshorn snails (young snails 1/4" to 1/2") - $5 for 5, $8 for 10, or $16 for 20.

Shipping

I ship on Monday to Wednesday only.
Shrimp shipping is about $10 for 10 shrimp or less. $15 for 20+2 shrimp. Heat pack available for $2.25 extra. Shrimp are packed in breather bags with a small amount of plants for their comfort, in a box with foam insulation lining.
Snail shipping is about $5 without heat pack, or about $12.50 with heat pack.
Exact shipping will be calculated after you provide your address.

Acclimating
For shrimp, instructions for my preferred method of drip-acclimation will be included. You will need an airline, an airline valve, a container (such as a clean quart-sized yogurt container) and/or bucket and clips. Shrimp beginners: please research shrimp needs before purchasing so you can enjoy these fantastic little critters for a long time.

Live Arrival Guarantee - refunds will be issued for the number of animals that did not survive shipping, except for the extras (though I have not had any losses so far). Shipping cannot be refunded unfortunately.

Your purchase will help a family in financial strain who lost their home due to long-term illness.:angelic:
 

idkausernamesoyeah

Valued Member
Messages
499
Reaction score
96
Points
38
MiniPop said:
I have shrimp and snails for sale!
Cherry Shrimp (Juvenile to young adults, "cherry" grade) - $15 for 5 shrimp, $24 for 10+2 shrimp, or $38 for 20+2. Females are more colorful than males, and juveniles will become more colorful as they grow. I have a few rillis too and if you'd like I can try to catch them for you (no guarantee as it is difficult to catch specific shrimp)
Blue ramshorn snails (young snails 1/4" to 1/2") - $5 for 5, $8 for 10, or $16 for 20.

Shipping

I ship on Monday to Wednesday only.
Shrimp shipping is about $10 for 10 shrimp or less. $15 for 20+2 shrimp. Heat pack available for $2.25 extra. Shrimp are packed in breather bags with a small amount of plants for their comfort, in a box with foam insulation lining.
Snail shipping is about $5 without heat pack, or about $10 with heat pack.

Acclimating
For shrimp, instructions for my preferred method of drip-acclimation will be included. You will need an airline, an airline valve, a container (such as a clean quart-sized yogurt container) and/or bucket and clips. Shrimp beginners: please research shrimp needs before purchasing so you can enjoy these fantastic little critters for a long time.

Live Arrival Guarantee - refunds will be issued for the number of animals that did not survive shipping, except for the extras (though I have not had any losses so far). Shipping cannot be refunded unfortunately.

Your purchase will help a family in financial strain who lost their home due to long-term illness.:angelic:
ok i have a ten gallon with a betta african dwarf frogs and hillstream loaches. can they go in there?
i also have a 20 with harlequin rasboras zebra danios and a bristlenose pleco...
i also have a thirty gallonwith baby bettas...
can they go in any of those tanks? if not i will have to use a spare 5 gallon... i know the care needed for shrimp and ican definitely provide that as i have spare filters that r cycled and i can give them specific water perameters in a spare tank if i must but id rather just put them in with other fish. if not i will get a spare tank but uh yeah lmk. do u have any blue shrimp? if not its all good. and if i order from u how would u get the money? and could u give me a mix of males and females??
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
idkausernamesoyeah said:
ok i have a ten gallon with a betta african dwarf frogs and hillstream loaches. can they go in there?
i also have a 20 with harlequin rasboras zebra danios and a bristlenose pleco...
i also have a thirty gallonwith baby bettas...
can they go in any of those tanks? if not i will have to use a spare 5 gallon... i know the care needed for shrimp and ican definitely provide that as i have spare filters that r cycled and i can give them specific water perameters in a spare tank if i must but id rather just put them in with other fish. if not i will get a spare tank but uh yeah lmk. do u have any blue shrimp? if not its all good. and if i order from u how would u get the money? and could u give me a mix of males and females??
I would not put them in with a betta. Some bettas might be able to live with them but most likely they'll become expensive snacks. I don't have experience with rasboras and danios, but they will probably pick off any baby shrimp. So I would at least get a colony going so the shrimp can maintain its population despite losing a few babies here and there. If your tank has a ton of hiding spaces (lots of rocks, plant cover and crevices) that might make it okay, but I can't say for sure.
I don't have blue shrimp at the moment but I'm starting a colony so maybe in a few months.
I can take payment through PayPal. Just let me know your email, zip code, and what you'd like and I will send you an invoice.
Edit: yes I will get you a mix of males and females. :) some are too young to sex but I'll be sure to include a couple young adults that have been sexed.
 

idkausernamesoyeah

Valued Member
Messages
499
Reaction score
96
Points
38
MiniPop said:
I would not put them in with a betta. Some bettas might be able to live with them but most likely they'll become expensive snacks. I don't have experience with rasboras and danios, but they will probably pick off any baby shrimp. So I would at least get a colony going so the shrimp can maintain its population despite losing a few babies here and there. If your tank has a ton of hiding spaces (lots of rocks, plant cover and crevices) that might make it okay, but I can't say for sure.
I don't have blue shrimp at the moment but I'm starting a colony so maybe in a few months.
I can take payment through PayPal. Just let me know your email, zip code, and what you'd like and I will send you an invoice.
Edit: yes I will get you a mix of males and females. :) some are too young to sex but I'll be sure to include a couple young adults that have been sexed.
haha thanks. i will set up a colony before i try anything so that they don't all just die off that would really suck. the ten doesn't have many hiding spaces but the 20 does so i will try it all out. could they eat fish flakes or algae wafers?
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
idkausernamesoyeah said:
haha thanks. i will set up a colony before i try anything so that they don't all just die off that would really suck. the ten doesn't have many hiding spaces but the 20 does so i will try it all out. could they eat fish flakes or algae wafers?
Yes they will eat most things you put in there. I haven't tried flakes but they LOVE algae wafers! But make sure you supplement with veggies like a blanched spinach leaf or small chunk of zucchini a few times a week. When picking a food people say don't feed foods with copper (copper is deadly to shrimp) but most foods have chelated forms of copper in small amounts. I haven't had a problem with hikari algae wafers. I also feed hikari shrimp cuisine, frozen foods, and blanched or frozen organic veggies.
 

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Messages
2,576
Reaction score
2,820
Points
273
Experience
Just started
MiniPop said:
Yes they will eat most things you put in there. I haven't tried flakes but they LOVE algae wafers! But make sure you supplement with veggies like a blanched spinach leaf or small chunk of zucchini a few times a week. When picking a food people say don't feed foods with copper (copper is deadly to shrimp) but most foods have chelated forms of copper in small amounts. I haven't had a problem with hikari algae wafers. I also feed hikari shrimp cuisine, frozen foods, and blanched or frozen organic veggies.
Have you had any problems with the snails eating plants?
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
JettsPapa said:
Have you had any problems with the snails eating plants?
Nope. They only eat dead or dying plants, which is great for the plants!
 

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Messages
2,576
Reaction score
2,820
Points
273
Experience
Just started
MiniPop said:
Nope. They only eat dead or dying plants, which is great for the plants!
I'll take some. Message sent.
 

JettsPapa

Well Known Member
Messages
2,576
Reaction score
2,820
Points
273
Experience
Just started
The snails arrived in good shape, despite being delayed two days extra by the postal service. Thanks again.
 

WhiskeyGinger

Valued Member
Messages
61
Reaction score
31
Points
28
Experience
1 year
Have any shrimp or blue ramshorns left?
 

idkausernamesoyeah

Valued Member
Messages
499
Reaction score
96
Points
38
think the cherry shrimp would be ok in a thirty tank with apisto fry and german blue ram fry? i haven't bred apistos or the blue rams yet but i think i will in the future and want to buy the shrimp from u again try it out see how it goes. also the ppants u gave me r thriving!! they r doing great thanks for those btw.
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
WhiskeyGinger said:
Have any shrimp or blue ramshorns left?
Yes I do. I have plenty of both.
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
idkausernamesoyeah said:
think the cherry shrimp would be ok in a thirty tank with apisto fry and german blue ram fry? i haven't bred apistos or the blue rams yet but i think i will in the future and want to buy the shrimp from u again try it out see how it goes. also the ppants u gave me r thriving!! they r doing great thanks for those btw.
Umm depends on how big the fry are. Baby shrimp will most likely be eaten.
Great to hear about the plants. :)
 

idkausernamesoyeah

Valued Member
Messages
499
Reaction score
96
Points
38
MiniPop said:
Umm depends on how big the fry are. Baby shrimp will most likely be eaten.
Great to hear about the plants. :)
thanks! and yeah that makes sense. but would the adults be picked off?
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
idkausernamesoyeah said:
thanks! and yeah that makes sense. but would the adults be picked off?
I don't know how big the fry are, but if a shrimp fits inside a fish's mouth it will probably be eaten.
 

Scubatron

Valued Member
Messages
53
Reaction score
47
Points
28
Experience
Just started
I have a planted 29 gallon with green cories, zebra danios and a pearl gourami. Could I add say 10 shimp and 5 blue snails?
 

aoiumi

Valued Member
Messages
415
Reaction score
284
Points
73
Experience
Just started
Unsure whether I'll actually be able to get them, but I'm very much eyeing your blue ramshorns. We'll see how the tale progresses.
 
  • Thread starter

MiniPop

Valued Member
Messages
290
Reaction score
72
Points
63
Experience
1 year
Scubatron said:
I have a planted 29 gallon with green cories, zebra danios and a pearl gourami. Could I add say 10 shimp and 5 blue snails?
I honestly don't know how shrimp do with those specific fish. If your tank is heavily planted and have lots of crevices for shrimp to hide in it might work, but there might be losses. In general if a shrimp can fit into the fish's mouth, it's snack for the fish. What I sell includes juveniles so I'd be very worried. Any babies that are born will be eaten on sight by almost any fish. Also shrimp need a specific KH/GH range and special water change routine. So if you are new to shrimp I'd recommend researching this before buying shrimp. As for snails, as long as your fish aren't into eating snails they should do fine.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom