Red Cabomba Question

ImpairedFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Anyone know what these hairs are that are starting to grow on my plants? I noticed nodes on my Java Fern that started making leaves, is this plant just propagating?

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Do you have pics? If they are white it is probably roots growing from the stems to allow the plants to get more nutrients from the water column. What substrate are they planted in?

OP
ImpairedFish

ImpairedFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
Do you have pics? If they are white it is probably roots growing from the stems to allow the plants to get more nutrients from the water column. What substrate are they planted in?
Here's the one I posted but I can take more.

Attachments

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ImpairedFish said:
Here's the one I posted but I can take more.
Thanks . I seen it after I posted my reply and yes I thing it is roots growing from the stems. If you cut your plant about an inch below them you can bury them back into your substrate and have more plants. But get a couple close ups of them before you try that just to verify they are roots. I'm 99.9% sure that's what it is.

OP
ImpairedFish

ImpairedFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
Thanks . I seen it after I posted my reply and yes I thing it is roots growing from the stems. If you cut your plant about an inch below them you can bury them back into your substrate and have more plants. But get a couple close ups of them before you try that just to verify they are roots. I'm 99.9% sure that's what it is.
I just found it odd none of my other plants were doing it, wasn't sure if it was growing branches or rooting, free plants are always better especially when they're as much as they are.

OP
ImpairedFish

ImpairedFish

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
This link could be helpful for u to learn a little more and how to propagate them as well. Good luck!! :)
Sounds like I can fill my tanks with those for life such a pretty plant. I love how they close up at night and open in the morning. Thanks for the information

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ImpairedFish said:
Sounds like I can fill my tanks with those for life such a pretty plant. I love how they close up at night and open in the morning. Thanks for the information
Yup a little research as to what you have will help in the long run. I probably bought about 75-100$ worth of plants within the 3 years i've had my tanks and propatated all of them and once u find the few you like and work well in your water its a win win situation!!

New Threads