Red/blue paradise fish

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with these fish? Do they really get along with blue gouramis? How destructive can they be? I have a 90 gal and was wondering if they would be a good fit for my tank (once mature) I currently have 6 Congo tetras 6 pearl gouramis and 2 female blue gourami and 1 male opaline 2 siamese algea eaters and two bristolnose pleco. Would really like thoughts and advice!? And or should I have separate tank for them cuz if not I'll go with gaint banded gouramis instead.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have two paradise fish in my 75 gallons and for the most part, they ignore each other. I was advised against this but since my tank was big enough, I wanted to try it out. Going good so far, have had them for three weeks now.

I have two paradise fish in my 75 gallons and for the most part, they ignore each other. I was advised against this but since my tank was big enough, I wanted to try it out. Going good so far, have had them for three weeks now.
Here's a pic of one of them:
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436573399.141635.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would not get paradise fish with that stock, it's risky, so is a banded gourami but it's the safer option.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would be nervous with them and my pearls they are really my pride and joy of the tank and the blues and opaline are bigger so I was figuring I wouldn't have to worry about them as much

I was just wanting to add something with more color to it cuz blues feel bland and I have 4 congo tetra female so they are blah. The males are defiantly beautiful though. Just was thinking banded or paradise would help with that since I'm not going the cichlid route with fish

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do you have any male congos?
Anyways, for another fish, how about an electric blue acara?

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You can add an Apistogramma Cacatuoides, that'll definitely add some color to your tank. If you got a double or triple red.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
And they seem to do well as is males are ever bit if 3 inches plus females are about 2.75

Also aren't both those fish cichlids and highly territorial cacatuoides is an omg beautiful fish

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Also aren't both those fish cichlids and highly territorial cacatuoides is an omg beautiful fish
No, not all cichlids are territorial. Some are peaceful, you just have to do research on each individual species. Cacuatoides is fine in community tanks, they're from South America.

BDpups

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There are lots of dwarf cichlids that would work. Check out Aquabid to get an idea of what there is.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
Awesome I will look into those my buddy has one of those electric blues but the other one would just look amazing !

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom