Red Blotch Disease Question

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by euniceluazhinee2, Apr 17, 2018.

1. euniceluazhinee2

euniceluazhinee2New MemberMember

hello, first post ever on FishLore. Gonna reask a question I previously asked on other social media and didn't get a awnser, hoping to get some awnsers here

Hello guys newbie here, I have some questions about red blotch disease and looking for awnsers.
    I have seen people using melafix for red blotch disease, but haven't hear much about using antibiotics on the disease. And I'm very curious why melafix works so effectively on corydoras?is it that the cajeput oil in it is more effective to corydoras or?
    Have anyone tried using antibiotics on the disease? and if yes, which do you think works better?

And also, is red blotch related to gram negative bacteria, virus or fungus? And is it possible it is caused my aeromonas Hydrophillas?

Thank you in advance!

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I'd say it isn't a real disease but an issue.
    My experience is it often occures on new / unripened substrate causing irritation in the inner body. It not being a real infection makes it possible to "treat" with Melafix and clean water, though that wouldn't e sufficient in case of a real infection.

Think there is the misconception with people trearing with antibiotics.

3. OP
    OP
    euniceluazhinee2

euniceluazhinee2New MemberMember

thank you Aad! appreciate the awnser!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice