Red blood parrot being bullied by other two parrots :(

Hashsohail

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hello,

One of my gorgeous yellow blood parrot is being bullied by other two blood parrots.

And he he has several red spots and couple of scales hanging from his skin :"(. Though he is swimming happily an playing around.

I have 3 blood parrots

2 green terror

4 yellow lab

1 pleco

90 gall tank

Water is perfectly normal.

I sat infront of the tank for an hour and I saw only the two red hlood parrots bullying him and they hit him and try to kick him away . The rest of the fish don't care abt him and non of my fish fight apart from this new rivalry between a pair of blood parrot and a male single parrott.

Any advice would help. How should I fix this gang war lol

AshWolFF

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The pair may be spawning soon and you will need to separate them. Once cichlids form a pair its all out war protecting their young. If you can try buying a 20-30 gallon to separate the mates that'd be the best option because they'll keep attacking the poor loner and it could lead to possible death.

OP
Hashsohail

Hashsohail

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks for that . That was the first thing which poppd into my mind.

But I seriously cannot afford another tank. Is there any other option by far which I could choose and fix this

btate617

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try rearranging your tank, move all you have in the tank as far as decor goes, and see if that helps. Maybe use some decor to make a corner less visible so the "pair" can kind of go back there and be out of sight, or the single fish being picked on may use this area to hide in... either way solves your problem.

I would have to say if they were preparing to spawn they would be protecting their picked spawning sight from everyone in an all out war like fashion, although I hate to see it said this way as it turns people off from cichlids, and not just one paticular fish. They do not start a war, they begin to protect an area and eventually their eggs and then their fry from other fish in the tank. If a tank is set up properly, keeping in mind what tank mates to use if spawning is your choice, there is no war. They is aggression which is normal. It's what they do. People who experience all out war in a tank from spawning cichlids made the mistake of not setting up their tank properly with spawning in mind from the start.

try rearranging everything, that may solve your problem.

Brian

OP
Hashsohail

Hashsohail

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
MY RED BLOOD PARROTS JUST HAD FRY SWIMMING IN THE WATER DDDDDDDDDDD WHAT SHOULD I DOOO LOLLL

THEY ARE AROUND 20 of them swimming everywhereeeee

btate617

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Unless you have another tank to move the fry to it is only a matter of time until the other fish begin eating the fry.

Brian

fishyluv

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hashsohail said:
MY RED BLOOD PARROTS JUST HAD FRY SWIMMING IN THE WATER DDDDDDDDDDD WHAT SHOULD I DOOO LOLLL

THEY ARE AROUND 20 of them swimming everywhereeeee
You didnt know that they laid eggs? Because Blood Parrots don't have live babies. You need to have a breeder box OR another tank OR they will be food for the other fish!!!! Please try to protect them. Keep us posted!!!! Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

New Threads