Red Belly Piranha In 37 Gallon?

B3tta fishy
Hello! I have a 37 gal that I’m cycling at the moment. I want to know if I could have a red bellied piranha in it. Would it be ok if I had it heavily planted in some spots for hiding, surface plants to dI'm the light, and maybe a bristle nose pleco? Also, could I feed it super worms/ meal worms which I feed my bearded dragon? Is their any other type of piranha (even if it’s not a true P) that I could keep in my tank?? Thank you!!

Advertisement
Katie13
There are without a doubt no piranhas that can be kept in a tank that size. They get huge!

Mike1995
agree. Piranha would probably make that tank a mess. And get very big

goldface
I think you're getting confused with the pacu, but yes, they do get rather large in context of aquarium fish. The tank is too small though, I agree. You would also want more than one if possible. They're very skittish.

B3tta fishy
I think you're getting confused with the pacu, but yes, they do get rather large in context of aquarium fish. The tank is too small though, I agree. You would also want more than one if possible. They're very skittish.
Would I be ok with a sharp snout (sanchezi) I probably spelt that wrong lol. Thank you

goldface
Would I be ok with a sharp snout (sanchezi) I probably spelt that wrong lol. Thank you
Not really familiar with them. I owned a red belly piranha for years, which I originally got as a pair. I'd never get one again, as they're quite timid. But I'm far from an expert. Honestly, from my experience, owning 2 in a 37g is far from the worst, if you really want them.

B3tta fishy
Not really familiar with them. I owned a red belly piranha for years, which I originally got as a pair. I'd never get one again, as they're quite timid. But I'm far from an expert. Honestly, from my experience, owning 2 in a 37g is far from the worst, if you really want them.
I agree lol. Thank u

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mobnck
Replies
Views
hampalong
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
Replies