red bamboo shrimp, irritated gills PETCO associate....

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have my wonderful 10 gallon tank, but my bamboo shrimp keep turning red and going belly up. My finacee's poor bamboo shrimp went belly up over thanksgiving break (I'm in college and the rest of my fish are alright). I felt so bad for the little dude especially since he was hanging out with Nessy and HudinI (ghost shrimp) they all seemed happy when I left wednesday. When I got back her bamboo shrimp was dead. He still had his shell and was red.

I tell you that story to tell you this one.

I talked to a PETCO associate who told me "Unless I do about a 10% water change with purified water all my fish will sufficate due the fact that Floride from the tap water creates a thin barrier around either the O2 bubbles and the fish cannot absorb them and around the fish making semi-permiable membranes none permiable. " I think he is full **** to be quite honest but some insight from other fish owners would be awesome. Any help and links that you find would rock. Thanx

~inari

OP
I

inari

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I use a dechlorinator on my tap water. for the most part I've never had any problems but this guy sold me some bad stuff so i'm not sure I should I trust him......anyway any advise is welcome

~inari

New Threads