Help Red appearing on betta fish fin.

BBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lately I have been noticing small red lines appearing on my bettas front clear fins. I wasn’t at first that worried because I got her from PetSmart and she didn’t have much color, and as I have been nursing her back to life she has regained a lot of color and scales. But then as it started to appear in more than one place on the fin, I thought that I might as well just ask a question on fish lore. It has been rather difficult to get a really good look at it and since she doesn’t barley ever stop swimming, I can’t get a good picture. She also has a small clear dot or film of something over part of her eye. I am trying my best to nurse this fish back, and she has been doing really good, but I am really not sure what some of this stuff is. This is what my betta fish looks like, if that may be of any use as to finding out what is happening here. Also as I did get her from PetSmart, where I would usually not get a fish, she came with some many problems like a lack of coloration, ick, very small fins that looked damaged, and much more. She has recovered from everything pretty much I have listed, but has started showing new signs, like the eye and fin thing I mentioned. I just fell in love with this little betta and she has been on the long almost 2 month road to recovery.

Attachments

OP
BBetta

BBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kdizzle said:
How is she acting? Could just be her coloring.
She is acting completely normal. The only thing I do see her doing a lot, but what I have seen since getting her, she kind of glass surfs, and she is very active. The most active betta I have ever seen. Maybe it’s just because this is my first female betta and thus shorter fins, but I literally don’t have a clue.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
BBetta said:
She is acting completely normal. The only thing I do see her doing a lot, but what I have seen since getting her, she kind of glass surfs, and she is very active. The most active betta I have ever seen. Maybe it’s just because this is my first female betta and thus shorter fins, but I literally don’t have a clue.
What are the exact water parameters?

OP
BBetta

BBetta

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kdizzle said:
What are the exact water parameters?
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate >15 ppm
The ph has drastically dropped though from a 7.6 to a 6.4 after I had driftwood in there for a couple days(then I took it out)

New Threads