Record Guppies Growth As A New Breeder. Black Moscow Guppies.

1. FishNL

FishNL New Member Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my Black Moscow guppies fry that has been born on 29.05.2018 meaning that they are 18 days old as of writing. Today I was already able to separate the males and females and I measured the fry at an average of 2cm.

Prior to starting my guppies breeding hobby I have read countless of forum posts and articles online about guppies and their fry. The general growth rate is somewhat around 1.2cm at 2 weeks and somewhere around at least 1 month to be able to identify male and female.

I am wondering whether or not I have super guppies;)... Anyway, I have been feeding them live brine shrimp from day one and they are living outside in a 5 gallon/20 liter water-lilies pot.

I also think it is worth to mentioned that these little fry actually had the ich disease which has been detected just 4 days after their birth but has been treated and not spotted again at 10 days old.

Here some pictures. I hope you all enjoy it.
    18dagen oud 2cm.png

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

Sound beautiful! Thank you for the pics!

3. yukondog

yukondog Well Known Member Member

Welcome FishNL, looks like they like the BBS, they should eat crushed up flake food also.

4. OP
    OP
    FishNL

FishNL New Member Member

Thanks guys, yea I started feeding them some crushed flakes about a week ago but only as dessert. Their main course is still 5x brine shrimp a day.. they go crazy for it..

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Wow! That's amazing! My fry are the slowest growing record holders

6. OP
    OP
    FishNL

FishNL New Member Member

Do any of you perhaps have some growth charts for reference? I am quite curious in which percentile they would fall.