Recommended Online Vendors For Supplies?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ferretlady, Apr 23, 2017.

1. FerretladyValued MemberMember

Hi,

I've been buying pretty much all my supplies online, as my only nearby local options are PetSmart and WalMart. I simply do not care to support those businesses at all.

I just now learned that Petco had bought out DrsFosterSmith a year or two ago. I have used DFS a lot in the past, but haven't had a pet for the past couple years, so I was unaware of this acquisition, and sad to learn of it now. Petco is another company I'd prefer not to support.

Please don't misunderstand - I am NOT trying to start any kind of debate at all - nor cause any criticism (or defense) of any of these businesses -- so I hope that will be avoided here. It's simply my own personal choice, that, speaking for myself only - I would strongly prefer not to spend any money with Petco, Petsmart or Walmart if I can possibly avoid doing so.

Who would you recommend, as far as a good online vendor, who carries a decent bit of supplies? (And hopefully at a somewhat reasonable cost) Smaller businesses would be great - or at least not a business that's just one more arm of a huge parent company! LOL.

I'm simply a little bit lost here, as I'd almost always headed over to DFS for the majority of my pet purchases in the past. I know Amazon has stuff - but any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

2. trichambersNew MemberMember

Hi I have also been looking for another site. I used to buy from chewy.com, but PetSmart is/has bought them.

3. FerretladyValued MemberMember

Argh - you're kidding???? SHeesh..... I was looking around & saw some mention of them at another place & I was just about ready to go check them out! Ok..... 'another one bites the dust'. LOL - I suppose that's standard practice these days -- don't worry about actually "competing" with other similar businesses - just buy them out & get rid of any possible competition that way.... :(

4. Jamieson22Well Known MemberMember

Kensfish.com - Prices are cheapest by far of anywhere I have shopped. I buy a lot on Amazon and have found many items 50% cheaper at Ken's.

5. Thunder_o_bFishlore VIPMember

I have been dealing with this place for years and have nothing but good things to say about them . 

6. FerretladyValued MemberMember

Thank you both -- I'll look into those two shops!!

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!!!