Recommended Online Vendors For Supplies?

Ferretlady

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi,

I've been buying pretty much all my supplies online, as my only nearby local options are PetSmart and WalMart. I simply do not care to support those businesses at all.

I just now learned that Petco had bought out DrsFosterSmith a year or two ago. I have used DFS a lot in the past, but haven't had a pet for the past couple years, so I was unaware of this acquisition, and sad to learn of it now. Petco is another company I'd prefer not to support.

Please don't misunderstand - I am NOT trying to start any kind of debate at all - nor cause any criticism (or defense) of any of these businesses -- so I hope that will be avoided here. It's simply my own personal choice, that, speaking for myself only - I would strongly prefer not to spend any money with Petco, Petsmart or Walmart if I can possibly avoid doing so.

Who would you recommend, as far as a good online vendor, who carries a decent bit of supplies? (And hopefully at a somewhat reasonable cost) Smaller businesses would be great - or at least not a business that's just one more arm of a huge parent company! LOL.

I'm simply a little bit lost here, as I'd almost always headed over to DFS for the majority of my pet purchases in the past. I know Amazon has stuff - but any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!!

trichambers

Reaction score
Hi I have also been looking for another site. I used to buy from chewy, but PetSmart is/has bought them.

Ferretlady

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
trichambers said:
Hi I have also been looking for another site. I used to buy from chewy, but PetSmart is/has bought them.
Argh - you're kidding???? SHeesh..... I was looking around & saw some mention of them at another place & I was just about ready to go check them out! Ok..... 'another one bites the dust'. LOL - I suppose that's standard practice these days -- don't worry about actually "competing" with other similar businesses - just buy them out & get rid of any possible competition that way....

Jamieson22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Kensfish.com - Prices are cheapest by far of anywhere I have shopped. I buy a lot on Amazon and have found many items 50% cheaper at Ken's.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been dealing with this place for years and have nothing but good things to say about them .Fish Products & Aquarium Supplies – BigAlsPets.com

Ferretlady

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you both -- I'll look into those two shops!!

Anyone else have any suggestions? Thanks!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads