Recommended online store for UK based saltwater needs.

Mistwalker

As I'm about to launch myself into the saltwater side of things, I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the the best place online in the UK to get reef tank supplies? Along the same sort of lines, are there any recommendations for Brit based youtubers worth subscribing to? The only reason I'm asking about Brit based is because often times, products recommended by Youtubers overseas are unavailable over here. I do already subscribe to a number of overseas youtubers but often can't follow up on some of their recommendations for kit or stores to use.

TIA

kanzekatores

Liveaquaria is one of my favorite sites for information and buying products online. They’ve got a lot of stuff you can’t find elsewhere. I did a quick search and they ship overseas to anywhere. As for youtubers I’m not so sure.

Upvote 0

Jesterrace

As I'm about to launch myself into the saltwater side of things, I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the the best place online in the UK to get reef tank supplies? Along the same sort of lines, are there any recommendations for Brit based youtubers worth subscribing to? The only reason I'm asking about Brit based is because often times, products recommended by Youtubers overseas are unavailable over here. I do already subscribe to a number of overseas youtubers but often can't follow up on some of their recommendations for kit or stores to use.

TIA

Amazon UK has some of the basic mechanical items. Your closest fish store will be the best place to go get things in terms of live stock as international shipping (has to be overnight in order to ensure they arrive alive) would be horrendous and I would have concerns about things arriving alive or potential customs hang ups.

As for UK Youtubers there are some I have seen. This guy is the first that comes to mind, he has some pretty decent vids:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClrF94yB69BZc-6yvGkAAqw

Upvote 0

Mistwalker

Liveaquaria is one of my favorite sites for information and buying products online. They’ve got a lot of stuff you can’t find elsewhere. I did a quick search and they ship overseas to anywhere. As for youtubers I’m not so sure.
Many thanks, Kanzeketores. I'll check that out.

Amazon UK has some of the basic mechanical items. Your closest fish store will be the best place to go get things in terms of live stock as international shipping (has to be overnight in order to ensure they arrive alive) would be horrendous and I would have concerns about things arriving alive or potential customs hang ups.

As for UK Youtubers there are some I have seen. This guy is the first that comes to mind, he has some pretty decent vids:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClrF94yB69BZc-6yvGkAAqw
Thanks Jester, I've subscribed and will start checking out his vids tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
silverado61
  • Question
Replies
Views
Matulin
  • Question
Replies
Views