Recommended Filter For 20 Long

StarlineRose

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey all! Once I get my reptile moved into her new habitat and give her old 20 long tank a thorough scrub, I was thinking about moving my fish into it! What filter would you recommend for a 2o long?

StarlineRose

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Floundering_Around said:
IMO It really depends on the fish you plan to stock.
I have a cory and a striped raphael right now, and I'm thinking about getting some mollies and maybe another cory once everything is in place? I wanted some otocinclus but they're small enough to be eaten by the raphael... So yea if that helps you get an idea of the habitat I'm gonna need!

Ioana Dog said:
I have an aquaclear 30 and sponge filters in my 20g tanks (3 of them) but they’re all high. I love the aquaclears!! I have them on all my tanks except the 5gs.
Aquaclear and sponge filters, eh? I hadn't considered needing more than one filter... I've never kept a tank more than 10 gal. Time for a little more research I suppose!

Ioana Dog

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
StarlineRose said:
I have a cory and a striped raphael right now, and I'm thinking about getting some mollies and maybe another cory once everything is in place? I wanted some otocinclus but they're small enough to be eaten by the raphael... So yea if that helps you get an idea of the habitat I'm gonna need!

Aquaclear and sponge filters, eh? I hadn't considered needing more than one filter... I've never kept a tank more than 10 gal. Time for a little more research I suppose!
I don’t know that 2 filters are absolutely necessary but I like to play it safe. Plus if you ever need to start another tanks you can use the sponge filter to seed the new tank. That’s what’s great about the double sided sponge filters - you can just use one of them to seed the new tank and not lose significant BB from your other tank. The sponge filter also provides extra aeration.

clubtc05

Reaction score
I put a Tidal 110 in my 20 long, its a over overkill but it's doing well WITH a Sunsun JVP-110 on the other side of it, here some pictures of the filter.
20180404_122832 (1).jpg
20180404_073108.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom