Recommendation food for Cory's??

plaperriere

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
What food should be feed to them? They say wafers...but they seem to cause more trouble then they are worth....

mathas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
In my experience, anything that hits the bottom of the tank will be eaten. The following thread has some good suggestions:

fishlover78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
when I had mine I fed them wardley sinking algae discs. they loved them! they do cloud the water so place a little dish somewhere in the aquarium and always drop the food on it and when they are done suck up the remains with a turkey baster.

Amanda

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

fishlover78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yes, but the regular white ones contain plaster of paris, and they really screw up you parameters, if you choose to feed them weekend feeders you should give them these ones:

ShaynaB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I use sinking wafers. I have lots of little creatures that love to eat them, but when I didn't have so many I used to put them on a plate in the aquarium. (I used chopsticks to get the wafer into the right place.)

Hope that helps!

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just over-feed my other fish so to speak. So a bit of the food falls to the bottom and the Corys vacumn it up!

fishlover78

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well, that works too!

aramsumair

Reaction score

TropicalGrimmish

Valued Member
Reaction score

Mike19

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you really wanted to feed them regular fish food you could place some food in the net and whisk it (push it) down.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
for some reason, my cories havent really taken to shrimp pellets, but they devour algae wafers and any leftovers (VERY few! )

Drew 43920

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Overfeeding...........

fishlover78 said:
yes, but the regular white ones contain plaster of paris, and they really screw up you parameters, if you choose to feed them weekend feeders you should give them these ones:
Would these things contribute to overfeeding ?

NO9TORRES

Reaction score
i bought my corys some algea wafers/pleco wafers, but they seem to be too big for thier mouths to grab, so ive broke them down abit, slowly but surely there picking at them

jgon_

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
On a related note, watching a cory feed with their hyper-chewing, has to be one of the funniest things in fishkeeping.

aramsumair

Reaction score
Drew 43920 said:
Would these things contribute to overfeeding ?
I bought those vacation feeders for my recent trip to tampa and it was a ver good product .. did not pollute the water.. although the corys were pretty much attached to them 24/7 so maybe they overate a little.. but overall no harm done .. and i was able to go away for over a week !

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom