Recipe For Medicated Flake Food

phillips66

I have three platys and two mollies that have internal parasites I've searched the internet and can't seem to find directions on how to make medicated flake food. I have Seachem Metroplex, Focus, and Garlic Guard. I made some medicated pellet food using Omega One pellets but the fish seem to eat them, chew them for a second or two, and then spit them out. They do this a few times and then they finally eat them. I'm afraid the medicine is being wasted. I usually feed them flake food but I could only find directions for making medicated pellets. Is there a way to mix the three Seachem products with flake food? Has anyone done it successfully? Thank all of you in advance for any advice you can give.

kallililly1973

I would say the same way you made the pellets should apply to the flake food. Put it in a small cup or container with tank water add the meds mix it around a little and pour, spoon or turkey baste it into the tank then rinse the small cup in the tank so all the meds your dosing get used up. I think weather their fed or put in the water column they shouldn't be getting wasted. You should remove any carbon so it doesn't remove the meds till your done treating. Good luck!!

Awaken_Riceball_

It is difficult to use flakes as medicated fish food simply because the flakes are so brittle and even the smallest drops of water will cause the flake to turn into a muddy like substance. Going forward, since the fish does not eat pellets, then I recommend going the "Freeze-Dried Bloodworm" to medicate the fish.

Take a small container, have a syringe full of garlic
  1. Put the Bloodworm into the container
  2. Sprinkle the medication onto the bloodworm and don't forget Seachem Focus as well
  3. Add a few drops of the garlic to the food, just enough to get the bloodworm soaked, but also dry up again
  4. Wait 30 minutes
  5. Serve

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Shrimp42
Replies
Views
ppate1977
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank Fish won't eat flakes