Recently Purchased L 260

1. G

Guppy43 Valued Member Member

Got a steal from my LFS friend. 20 bucks for this L260, Queen Arabesque Pleco. But I do have some questions bout it.

Mainly its gender and health, it quite stationary in its bag but was quite fiesty when I netted it.
    He’ll be join 15 corries of various species and a juvenile bristenose in my main tank.

Does he/she look ok to you all?
    IMG_0083.jpg

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

That’s really neat, it looks to be a great pleco!
    He’s most likely moving less in the bag because he’s nervous, he’ll warm up to the tank and become more active.

How many gallons is your tank?

3. Raizinhell

Raizinhell Valued Member Member

Cool looking pleco. Doesnt look sick or anything but looks can be deceiving.

4. OP
    OP
    G

160 gallons

Thats what worries me

5. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Looks healthy to me... can you provide a top view? That's the easiest way to tell the gender

6. OP
    OP
    G

Can’t anymore First thing it did was dive straight into the rock cave system.... hasn’t come out yet. I’ll get a pic when he/she decidesto come out

7. RainBetta

RainBetta Valued Member Member

Okay thanks! He/she is super pretty!

8. OP
    OP
    G

Thanks. I saw her/his tail swipe around the cave system during feeding time today. Shy one

9. D

Dsluder New Member Member

I added an L260 to my 29 g about 10 days ago and couldn’t find it at all the first few days. It’s moved from one cave to another and is slowly becoming more active right around that cave during the day. They’re also nocturnal, so I’m just happy it’s settling in. It gets really excited over brine shrimp and bloodworms, too.

10. OP
    OP
    G

Think mine’s becoming more active too, its taken to venturing out nearby it cave especially on sundays

11. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Nice deal!

All of the fancy plecos near me priced at that price are barely over an inch.

12. D

Dsluder New Member Member

Yep, I’m even more impressed with Aquatic Arts; they have some gorgeous L260 pictures on their site and I have no idea how they managed them!