Recently bought rainbow goby and need advice on their care

ameliarouge

Hello ! I've been in the hobby for 4 years already and wanted to try someting new so I bought gobies to be precise I bought two freshwater rainbow gobies one male and one female I put them in my 10 gallon while i'm aging my new 20 gallon where they'll go.the 10 gallon where they currently are is 2-3 years old contain a lot of biofilm and algae and is heavily planted I put my hob filter to the max and added another hob filter for max filtration and oxygenation ... it's been two day since then , one his hidding and the other one , the female in swimming around. but what's worrying me is that they didn't eat yet and seem to breath fast and they developped some white slime on the tip of their fin any idea on what it might be ? , (doesn't look like fungus) I want to have advice on what I could do to make them feel better and at home , it's been a while since I wanted to have gobies. I can't detect any ammonia nitrite or nitrate in my tank , ph is 7.5 gh gh and kh are in the good range for them and temp is also good .... any idea on what could be wrong and what I could do for them ?

mattgirl

Our fish go through a lot getting from the breeder to finally in our tank. The only advice I can give you is give them quiet time to get comfortable.Leave the tank light off and try not to interact with them for a few days. They may be stressed out from all the recent changes they have been put through. Offer food but if they don't eat it pull it out to keep it from fouling the water. They may not be comfortable enough to be interested in food for a few days. By few I mean 2 or 3 days.

ameliarouge

thank you for your reply but both of them sadly passed away from what seemed to be fungus .. that appeared in only 1-2 days I didn't have the time to react sadly .

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
GlennO
Replies
Views
PlecoLover56
Replies
Views
nikkimay456
Replies
Views