Recent video of the 125.

1. freak78 Well Known Member Member

Been awhile since I posted an current video of the 125. Everything and all the fish are doing well. Now I have some 6 inch loaches that showed themselves and my male blue acara are 6 inches as well. One of my red heads is probably close to 5 to 6 inches and the others aren't too far behind. Their some ferocious eaters and I have to do two water changes a week to maintain their excellent water quality they are use to. I do an 80% on Fridays and a 50% on Tuesday's.

https://youtu.be/P-85qQbdJ-Y

2. Quibbles Member Member

Wow, nice, active tank!

3. freak78 Well Known Member Member

4. freak78 Well Known Member Member

5. joiakimfish Member Member

If only I could get my 125 as nice as yours ...where did you get those (tree branches) from I actually plan on getting some driftwood tomorrow :)

6. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I got them from the lfs.

7. joiakimfish Member Member

And how did u cure it just let them soak for a while ...if imagine it would be hard to boil

8. freak78 Well Known Member Member

Both those pieces in the tank are oak and the other is some line of hardwood. They didn't Leach much tannins. So I the purigen in the tank and that takes the tannins out of the water.

9. joiakimfish Member Member

Ohh ok gonna take note of that while I search for mines today :)

10. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I have a large piece of slate attached to the bottom of them to keep them down.

11. joiakimfish Member Member

U attached with thread?

12. freak78 Well Known Member Member

No I screwed them into the slate with stainless steel screws.

13. joiakimfish Member Member

I heard that don't all ways go well cause the rocks tend to break

14. freak78 Well Known Member Member

I use flat slate pieces and a masonry bit to drill through the slate. And use water for lubrication.