Rebuilding 45 gallon freshwater aquarium

Trashboat
In the next few weeks I'm planning on re designing my 45gal freshwater aquarium, currently it has only fake plants and gravel but I plan to add soil and sand along with live plants, I have a few ideas on how I want to build it but if anyone could give me recommendations on plants, sand, soil, fish or any other design aspects I can add it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

JLAquatics
Trashboat said:
In the next few weeks I'm planning on re designing my 45gal freshwater aquarium, currently it has only fake plants and gravel but I plan to add soil and sand along with live plants, I have a few ideas on how I want to build it but if anyone could give me recommendations on plants, sand, soil, fish or any other design aspects I can add it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Greetings. It sounds to me that you plan on building an aquascape of sorts for the new setup. If so, I made an article here on Fishlore about designing an aquascape along with some tips of how to make it look nice. I would be honored if you would like to check it out. It is here;

Aquascaping Tips and Tricks for a Beginner

After you find out a great layout for your hardscape and determine the plants you want to use, we can determine what fish would look thrive and look aesthetically pleasing in your new setup. Hopefully my article helps you out some in figuring out the design elements in your rescape. :)

Seamus111
JL Aquatics is right, sounds like your wanting to Aquascape. There's many types of scapes but you need to figure out if your more into scaping with the plants or fish. If fish, cool or warm water? Hard or soft water, sand or gravel and or dirt? Many considerations for fish and plants.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom