Reasons For White Poop

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by anitazoechang, Jun 21, 2018.

1. anitazoechang

anitazoechang New Member Member

One of my female juvenile guppies has a stringy, white poop hanging off of her. I know that this is a likely indicator of parasites but was wondering whether anyone else had any other experience with them apart from parasites?

My tank has been established for about 6 months now and none of my other guppies have shown any signs of parasites. Should I just treat the whole tank and hope for the best?

Also some of my other guppies have been doing really tiny black poops – is this normal?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. I

Indeever New Member Member

Sometimes fish will just poop white. Maybe it at too much or ate something that it didnt like. The only time I would be concerned is if it keeps happening. Maybe do a water change as well.

3. OP
    OP
    anitazoechang

anitazoechang New Member Member

Turns out it was worms :(:( I saw a bunch of little red worms in the belly of the original guppy with white, stringy poop. So 2 days ago I treated all of my tanks with 2ppm Levamisole but still haven't seen any worms drop, despite seeing new poops. The original wormy guppy ended up dying and exploding and her belly was still full of worms. Should I just increase the dosage of Levamisole or wait it out? I'm about to go on holiday for 10 days and the fish will be left to fend for themselves in the meantime

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice